This class helped me a lot with writing lesson plans. I did not have to much experience with creating lesson plans before this class. I think that the technology that I learned the most about was using Geometer's Sketch Pad and SmartBoard. I had never used either of these before so I was very interested in learning to use these. I think that I will definitely make use of GSP if it is available. It is a very useful tool for teaching. I also think that SmartBoard would be beneficial to have because it is very interactive. Students will enjoy being able to use it and want to participate in class.
I do not think that my view of technology has necessarily changed as a result of this course. I have always been interested in using technology to enhance students' learning experiences. However, I do think that this course has helped to make me aware of the vast number of sources and materials that are available to teachers. I do think that to be a successful teacher I will need to keep myself current and knowledgeable of the available technologies. As you pointed out, we need to know what programs are on our students calculators so that we know if we are testing their knowledge of the material or their ability to use their calculator programs.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment